Friday, September 30, 2011

Overture

For some, musicals are considered a guilty pleasure. Not this guy. I love musicals with all my heart. I love them so much that I want to start writing about them every day that I can. Musicals embody so much of what I consider good about the world and life in general, even though sometimes the subjects can be dark (Sweeney Todd, for example) or the endings depressing (West Side Story, anyone?)

That's why I'm going to write about one musical per day. I'll randomly select a musical from a list, listen to it, and then I'll write my thoughts about it. There will be no grading scale or anything like that, because I don't believe that does justice to anyone. Originally, I was going to start with "Merrily We Roll Along", but because that cd is taking a little longer to get here, I'll begin with a randomly selected musical like the rest.

I hope that I can make this interesting enough for people to read, but if not, this is a great way to try and place my thoughts out there every day and to expand my horizons with new musicals I hadn't given a chance.

From now on, anything goes. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment